Personal goals are tricky. Achieving a short term goal is almost always doable. There seems to be some sort of internal filter we all have that allows us to frame our goals in a way that they are actually attainable. That certainly doesn’t mean they are easy, but we all know ourselves well enough to keep them based in reality. The tricky part comes after they’re done.
- What do we do with our newfound glory?
- How to we build upon what we’ve achieved?
- How do we maintain whatever new reality we’ve made for ourselves?
- How do we incorporate whatever actions we’ve taken to meet these goals into our daily lives?
- How do we develop a new normal for ourselves?
I don’t have any of these answers yet, but I plan to 60 days from now.
Turning 40 didn’t seem like a big deal at the time, but I’m now realizing that it’s taken me most of the 1st half of my 40th year to come to grips with it. I don’t feel “old” and I certainly don’t think “old” … At least I don’t think I do. Continue reading “60 Days… To what?”